Corkery Community Overview

Corkery was founded by approximately 100 Irish families from County Cork immigrating to the region in the early 19th century, locally known as the “Peter Robinson settlers”. The first church in the village was built in 1837, although some reports put it at 1824 which would make it the second-oldest Catholic church in Ottawa. Construction began in 1864 on a stone church meant to replace the wooden structure. This was consecrated as St. Michael’s Catholic Parish in 1865. The parish operated in debt for nearly two decades, until Rev. Patrick Corkery became minister in 1884, and spent the next twenty years improving and renovating the church.

Today, Corkery is a dispersed rural community in the former Township of West Carleton (now West Carleton-March Ward) in the western part of the City of Ottawa.  There is an active community association.

Community overview retrieved from http://neighbourhoodstudy.ca/corkery/

Community overview from Wikipedia.

Corkery Apartment Rental Stats

Currently there are no active rental properties listed within Corkery.

Corkery Closest Schools

Name/Address Distance
St. Michael Primary School, Corkery
1572 Corkery Road, Carp
0.19 km
Greensmere Golf & Country Club
1717 Bearhill Road, Carp
2.36 km
Ottawa Valley Herb Association
3840 Old Almonte Road, Almonte
4.98 km

Distances are estimated from a central point within the community.

Distances are estimated from a central point within the community.

Neighboring Communities

Corkery Map View

Community data is not guaranteed by RentFaster.ca